+ Weight Loss Management
It’s time to take charge of your health and your life. As men, we have families and friends who look up to us and need us. Do something good for yourself and your body while also doing something for your loved ones, too. The Men’s Vitality Center, one of the nation’s leaders in Men’s Health, has some of the best resources for weight loss for men and testosterone replacement therapy in the country. We embody strength, masculinity, and virility and you can, too!
Here at the Men’s Vitality Center, we can help you lose that gut and look more masculine with a variety of our weight loss for men programs. After a physical evaluation, we will be able to better determine what will work for you. As every man is different, his weight loss is also different. We have programs that involve medical weight loss as well as traditional weight loss management techniques that will have you feeling better about your appearance faster than you could imagine. We highly encourage you to do something good for yourself and your loved ones. Get in shape!
A few extra pounds never hurt anyone, though, right? WRONG. Men pay dearly for those added pounds.
- Recent studies done by Harvard University show that extra weight and obesity take a unfavorable toll on men’s hormones, sexuality, and prostate health. That means the more weight you gain, the less testosterone your body makes. The less testosterone you have, the less you feel like a man. Lower testosterone also decreases your muscle function and heart health.
- Men who are overweight also experience more issues with erectile dysfunction. Weight loss for men can improve ED.
- Do you want children? Obesity and excess weight gain can decrease your sperm count and your sperm motility which can lead to a man being infertile. It’s never too late for weight loss.
- Those extra pounds can also cause kidney stones. While erectile dysfunction certainly takes a toll on a man’s mental state, as well as their relationship, kidney stones are much less personal. They simply hurt. A lot. Not only are you already twice as likely to get kidney stones simply because you’re a man, but that extra weight gain increases it even more! If you’ve never had a kidney stone, ask a few friends or colleagues and we guarantee that you’ll find someone who has a few horror stories to share.
- And then, there’s prostate cancer. Like a big dark cloud that hangs over aging men, prostate cancer is a real threat to all men – even those who aren’t overweight. Research from all over the world concludes that extra body fat increases a man’s already high chances (1 in 7!) of developing prostate cancer.
Don’t be one of the statistics. Call the Men’s Vitality Center and start to lose that extra weight today!
+ Diabetes Management
Most men don’t give a second thought to the possibility of developing diabetes. In today’s world, if something doesn’t affect us directly, we have a hard time paying much attention to it. As the prevalence of diabetes is increasing at an alarming rate, you have an obligation to yourself, and your loved ones, to educate yourself about the signs and symptoms of diabetes so that you don’t simply become another statistic.
Speaking of statistics, one of the biggest increases of type 2 diabetes has been among men. Even more terrifying is the fact that an estimated 7 million people in the United States have diabetes and they don’t know it.
Some men are more at risk for developing diabetes than others. Having diabetes increases your risk of developing other major health issues like heart disease, vision loss, kidney disease, and nerve damage. Do you know the major risk factors for type 2 diabetes (adult onset diabetes)? Here are several…
- Being overweight
- A sedentary lifestyle
- A diet high in sugar and refined carbohydrates
- A diet low in fiber and whole grains
- A history of type 2 diabetes in your immediate family.
Diabetes is a serious disease that many scientists believe is exacerbated by the recent increase in adult obesity. Those extra pounds you’ve been procrastinating to lose may have a more drastic effect on you and your loved ones than you realize. When you gain excess weight, cells in your liver, muscles, and fat tissues become less responsive to insulin. When these cells don’t respond to insulin, they don’t absorb glucose from your bloodstream. With all of the extra glucose in the bloodstream that your cells aren’t absorbing, you start to see nerve and blood vessel damage. Nerve and blood vessel damage leads to heart disease, strokes, blindness and kidney disease.
Okay, so have we got your attention?
Now, we’re sure that you’re wondering what some of the signs and symptoms of diabetes are. We urge you to call us as soon as you can if you notice any of these symptoms so that the clinicians here at the Men’s Vitality Center can run the proper tests and help you with diabetes management as early as possible. Remember, it’s completely possible to lead a fairly normal life with diabetes if you get it under control early.
- Increased thirst and hunger
- Urinating more frequently, especially at night
- Unexplained weight loss
- Blurry vision
- Sores that don’t heal
The Men’s Vitality Center focuses on men’s health and wellness. Our highly trained medical staff can help guide you through your diabetes testing, diabetes medications, and diabetes management. Call us today!
+ Prostate Health
As a man, it’s your responsibility to get a regular prostate check. Your friends and family look to you to take care of your health and to stay healthy. After all, they rely on you for quite a few things! Here at the Men’s Vitality Center, we take prostate health very seriously. Prostate care has certainly came a long way in the past few years as medical knowledge continues to grow. What do you know about prostate health?
What is the prostate?
The prostate is the a very small gland, about the size of a walnut, in the man’s body that is part of his reproductive system. It sits right below a man’s bladder and in front of the rectum. The prostate helps make semen for your body. semen is important as it is what transports sperm.
Have you been told that you may have an enlarged prostate?
As you age, your prostate can enlarge over time. Think of it this way, by the time a man is 40, his prostate can enlarge from the size of a walnut to the size of an apricot. By the time you reach the age of 60, it may have increased from the size of an apricot to that of a lemon! Since the prostate surrounds part of the urethra, it can restrict the urethra and cause issues with urination. An enlarged prostate is also often referred to as benign (noncancerous) prostatic hyperplasia or BPH. BPH is common and is difficult to prevent. Over half of men over the age of 50 will develop BPH, while up to 90% (!) of men older than 90 years old will develop the condition.
What are the symptoms of an enlarged prostate?
- Trouble initiating urination
- Having to urinate frequently, particularly at night
- Feeling that the bladder is not empty after urinating
- Feeling a sudden urge to urinate
- Having to stop and start repeatedly while urinating
- Having to strain to urinate
To prevent or manage an enlarged prostate, it’s imperative that if you notice the above symptoms and speak to your doctor at the Men’s Vitality Center immediately.
What types of treatments are available for an enlarged prostate?
- Lifestyle changes. These changes could include less drinking at night and before bedtime, especially those drinks with alcohol in them.
- Watching and waiting. Patients who have an enlarged prostate but do not suffer any of the symptoms may be advised by their doctor to simply continue to get an annual checkup to keep a watchful eye on it.
- Drug therapy. Two common treatments for BPH are alpha-blockers, which alleviate BPH symptoms, and 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors, which help shrink the prostate. Many men take them together.
- Surgery. Surgery is normally a last resort thing used for men who have severe symptoms that have not been helped by other treatments.
Your prostate health is important. Call and schedule an appointment with your medical provider at the Men’s Vitality Clinic today.
+ Cholesterol Management
Being a man means doing what’s right. Taking care of your health, specifically cholesterol management, is simply the right thing to do, not only for yourself, but for your loved ones as well. Your friends and family depend on you to keep yourself healthy so that you’re around as long as possible. After all, it’s your responsibility to be there for them.
Has your doctor told you that you have high cholesterol? Do you have a family history of high cholesterol? Have you been to a doctor lately to get yourself a checkup? We think it’s time to call the Men’s Vitality Center, where we are the nation’s leading men’s primary medical service provider. We can get you on the right track – plus, your family and friends will love you for it.
We know that it may seem to be that at best, going to the doctor is a hassle, and at worst, shows some sort of weakness. In reality, it’s far less masculine to hide from the truth. How much do you know about cholesterol? We have some interesting facts for you about high cholesterol, poor cholesterol management and normal cholesterol levels.
- High cholesterol increases your risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and several other health problems.
- There are no symptoms of high cholesterol.
- More than 34 million Americans have levels of cholesterol that put them at risk for high cholesterol-related health problems.
- Some people are just predisposed to high cholesterol. It runs in their family and they have to step up and manage it for their loved ones.
- If you were able to take a look at your cholesterol-clogged arteries, they’d look like they were lined with a thick layer of butter.
- Cholesterol can show up on your skin as redish-yellow patches. These are called xanthomas and normally show up in people who have other health problems like diabetes.
- You can have low cholesterol, too, and that can also be unhealthy! Low cholesterol has been linked to anxiety and depression.
- Cholesterol-free food can still raise your cholesterol!
- High cholesterol is linked to erectile dysfunction. That means that it’s not only bad for your heart, but for your relationships, too!
So, with this in mind, why aren’t you picking up the phone to call us right now? Cholesterol is complicated and requires a medical evaluation for diagnosis and management in order to restore normal cholesterol levels. Only a medical professional can tell you if you need medication to lower your bad cholesterol levels, or if a simple change to your lifestyle will be enough to help with cholesterol management.
It’s time to pick up the phone or stop by the Men’s Vitality Center. We can help you with much more than cholesterol management. We treat and manage low testosterone, erectile dysfunction, physical exams, and other medical issues that you’ve been putting off for far too long!
+ High Blood Pressure
In the world we live in today, if something doesn’t directly impact us it’s hard to give it much thought. One of those conditions that we often forget about is high blood pressure. This a big health problem that’s affecting more and more of us each year. In fact, one in every three Americans has high blood pressure – that’s about 65 million people. Unfortunately, many of these people don’t even realize they have high blood pressure, thus allowing the disease to cause further damage and spiral out of control. Don’t let high blood pressure get the best of you, protect yourself and your loved ones from the effects of high blood pressure and see the Men’s Vitality Center today.
But what is high blood pressure?
Blood pumping through your veins and circulatory system is under pressure much like the oil pumping through your engine and hoses. Just like too much built up oil pressure can do some serious damage to your engine, uncontrolled high blood pressure can cause serious, and sometimes permanent, damage to your heart, kidneys, eyes, brain, and more!
What causes high blood pressure?
Diet can play a big factor when it comes to developing, or worsening, high blood pressure. Obesity, too much salt and alcohol can all play a big role. Too much stress and too little physical activity can make high blood pressure difficult to manage. Don’t forget that high blood pressure oftentimes runs in families. It’s your responsibility to make sure that you receive proper high blood pressure treatment and educate yourself so that your family can live healthier lives, too.
Despite the seemingly gloomy statistics, high blood pressure isn’t inevitable and can certainly be prevented. There’s plenty that you can do with and without the help of a medical professional to prevent or manage the condition.
Consider your diet. As one of the leading contributors to high blood pressure, your diet can play a big role in helping to prevent or treat the condition. A diet high in fruits and vegetables and low-fat or non-dairy products is a great place to start. Another thing to cut down on is salt which raises blood pressure. You can often see positive results within 2 weeks when following this diet.
Be more active. Along with a smarter diet, exercise can help prevent and slow down the progression of high blood pressure. The more active you are, the less risk you have of developing hypertension.
Get rid of your bad habits. We’re sure that your friends and family would appreciate you drinking less and quitting smoking. As a start, men who drink should stick to no more than 2 drinks a day.
Here at the Men’s Vitality Center, we focus on men’s health. As the leading men’s health center, we can help you with effectively managing your health. From high blood pressure, to weight loss, to erectile dysfunction and everything in between…we can help. Call us today to schedule your appointment!
+ Sleep Treatment
Treat Yourself: Sleep Treatment to Leave You Refreshed
Life’s demands can be constant and hardly frivolous. When pressed for time, there is one thing that we sacrifice far too often…sleep. Sometimes such a sacrifice is not our conscious decision to make. I’m talking about Sleep apnea. Sleep apnea causes one to lose oxygen while sleeping thereby causing frequent awakenings to gasp for air. Over time, this can result in diminished health, weight gain, poor concentration, heart and lung disease, and the ability to function properly. This is a serious struggle and health issue. We do not take sleep apnea lightly
The Men’s Vitality Center makes it a point to find out why you are not sleeping the way that you should. Waking throughout the night, especially when you are not entirely aware of your restlessness, is a horrid experience. If you snore heavily, awaken repeatedly throughout the night, and feel tired and sleepy throughout your day, then taking the time to go and have a sleep study done, to rule out the possibility of sleep apnea, is a good use of your time.
Seeing a sleep specialist for sleep apnea treatment is a highly effective method of restoring your natural sleep pattern. You will sleep deeper, more restful, and wake up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle your day.
Lack of sleep leading to chronic exhaustion is a handicap so why not combat exhaustion with the help of The Men’s Vitality Center?
There is no need to struggle with finding sleep anymore. The Men’s Vitality Center is here to help bring you the vital parts of your life back. Schedule an appointment to see your medical provider at the Men’s Vitality Center today.