If you’re a man suffering from low levels of testosterone, your physician may have recommended testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) as a treatment option. TRT is a unique medical treatment where additional testosterone is added to a man’s body to increase his concentration of testosterone. In this blog, we’ll take a closer look at testosterone replacement therapy and the benefits of this innovative procedure.
At the Men’s Vitality Center in Glendale, we’ve helped hundreds of men boost their testosterone levels through our testosterone replacement therapy practices. If you’re interested in learning more about our procedure or you’d like to schedule an appointment, contact our men’s healthcare physicians today!
Low Testosterone in Men
There are many signs and symptoms of low testosterone in men, and most men who suffer from these symptoms are diagnosed with hypogonadism. This medical condition is characterized by low levels of testosterone in the blood as well as clinical symptoms of testosterone deficiency. Hypogonadism can be the direct result of a testicular disorder or a disease that involves the hypothalamus and pituitary gland. Not only can this condition cause adverse effects on a man’s organ functions, it can negatively influence his quality of life, as well.
Symptoms of Puberty-Onset Hypogonadism
- Impaired sexual development
- A decrease in testicular size
- Enlarged breasts or gynecomastia
Symptoms of Adult-Onset Hypogonadism
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low sperm count
- A decreased libido
- A depressed mood
- Loss of body hair
- Increased body fat
- Breast discomfort and enlargement
- Decreased muscle mass and strength
- Poor concentration and decreased energy
Quick Facts on Male Hypogonadism
- Hypogonadism can occur in men at any age, and the consequences will differ from person to person.
- When hypogonadism occurs in an infant before they are born, sexual ambiguity may occur.
- If a teen gets hypogonadism before puberty, he will not progress to actual puberty. If the condition occurs after puberty, hypogonadism can result in infertility and sexual dysfunction.
- Men who suffer from hypogonadism are at an increased risk of bone fractures.
- Nearly 50 percent of older men with low testosterone show no signs or symptoms.
- Hypogonadism has been shown to increase a man’s risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and even premature death.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Glendale
If you or a loved one is suffering from low levels of testosterone, it’s important to seek medical attention right away. At the Men’s Vitality Clinic in Glendale, we’ve helped hundreds of men increase their testosterone production through testosterone replacement therapy. Contact our men’s physicians today to schedule an appointment!